Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TeamReno Snow Adventure

Our dear neighbors and friends recently invited us to their family's cabin near Tahoe. So, a couple of weeks ago we trekked up to the snow with them and our other good friends the Dauphins. It was quite an adventure. Good news - lots of snow (and a car with all wheel drive) and good friends. Bad news - no power and below freezing temperatures. Perfect backdrop for a just-how-flexible-and-patient-do-you-think-you-are test. I passed and failed at different times, mostly depending on the temperature. Praise the Lord that God's mercies are new every morning (and hour and minute) because I certainly needed them. Despite the fact that our trip didn't go quite as we planned, I am so thankful to have spent it with sweet friends.

My friend Nikki tells her version of the story here. She also has more pictures of the kiddies. My camera battery died, but I managed to get a few fun pics. We did stick it out for a couple of nights but then raised our white flag and headed down to the hill to warm cinnamon rolls, coffee and home.














Cute boys in warm jammies (ignore the kid in the red undies)





















Our hardworking husbands shoveling the stairs.















Beniam and Joshie Dauphin















My crazy husband















More cute children in the snow

No comments: