Friday, March 28, 2008

Are we playing freeze tag?

I was tagged by my (I am trying to think of a word that describes her) friend Meris to list 6 quirky things about myself. AH! I don't know. I have been putting off partly because it is Spring Break and my husband just finished his last paper for his Master's class (Praise God! - now onto the thesis). So it has been party time in the Reno house. Party time for us is being home together when Chris is not writing a paper and I am not doing any work on the computer or tutoring. On Monday, we watched an insane amount of Lost Season 1 (we are just getting started) and went out for Korean BBQ. Way too fun.

Here Chris is emailing his LAST paper to his professor...



And even now I am changing the subject - ok, 6 non-important things/habits/quirks things about myself...

(1) It takes me all day to finish my coffee. My husband home roasts coffee beans, so our coffee it pretty strong. It more or less lasts me all day, through my 2 hour tutoring sessions and right up until I start making dinner.

(2) Everytime my sweet husband compliments me, I repeat it back to him. I'm not sure why - maybe to make sure I heard it right? Or maybe to hear it again, although it definitely doesn't sound as nice coming out of my mouth.

(3) I am fanatical about making the bed in the morning. My life is chaos until the bed is made.

(4) My husband and I go on midnight runs to Taco Bell every once in awhile after he gets off of work. Yum.

(5) I love, love, love being home. I am the text book case of a homebody/introvert. I am convinced this is one of the reasons why God has me (a) married to a man who makes friends everywhere he goes (grocery stores, airplanes, public restrooms) and (b) living right next door to a very gregarious friend. They make me do things like go to the beach on a beautiful day like today.

(6) My favorite band is a non-band called Brother Down (he he aka my husband and husband's friend). I may sound like a broken record for those of you who visit my blog regularly, but go listen!

Anyway, I tag my mom, PaperPony (has she been tagged yet?), and Caleb, Becca and Sakari.

And here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag at least 3 people.
5. Make sure the people you tagged know you tagged them by commenting to them.

3 comments:

ethiHOPEia said...

My husband roasts his own coffee too! Where does your husband get his beans? Jacob buys his from Sweet Marias and always used a Poppery until that died. Now he has a legit coffee roaster! My coffee lasts all day too! How funny!
Hilary Forrest

Mrs. Schwager said...

i think you should call me your exceptionally talented and brilliant and Godly friend...just my two cents.

big hair betty said...

Taco Bell at midnight, awesome!!