Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh right, patience

Many people have been asking me if it is hard to be patient as we wait for our little one. The first 8 days after submitting our dossier weren't so bad. I heard myself answering that it wasn't so bad, we trust God's timing. The latter part is still true 8 days later, but...have I mentioned how much we want to be parents? Those of you who know us well know this. Waiting 4 years, I know, is not that long, but at times, like now, it feels very long.

But God is still good and His plan is still perfect and still for our good. Pray for us to remember this.

6 comments:

Lis said...

I have been praying for your child for years, well two anyway. Maybe you can think of it as getting pregnant now, all the paperwork was the trying too...anyhow I will be praying for patience for you both, and will continue to pray for your little one.

CAjohnsonfamily said...

You two are going to be awesome parents. God WILL give you the patience you need during this time. I love you!!!!!!!!!!

Nini said...

I will continue to pray this for you. No doubt that you BOTH will be fantastic parents. I know you know this, however it may help to put a different spin on the waiting game: this is the last time it will be just Chris and Anna. Once you have your little one, there is always another little person to think about...for the rest of your life. You guys can continue to use this time to enjoy being spontaneous and continuing to find new things to appreciate and love about one another. Of course, this all continues when you have your little one, it is just easier now!

I will pray for patience for you guys, but I will emphasize expediency on the paperwork more! It is okay to be eager...just how you deal with the anxiety is key. God will honor your hearts in this!

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Praying for you guys....

Stef said...

I have to correct you... 4+ years of waiting is a VERY long time. Don't tell yourself any different. :)

Anna said...

I just wanted to say hi and that I will be praying for you. We have been waiting 4 years also and some days it is not so bad and others is it sooo hard! I look forward to hearing news of your referral!
Anna (AWAA group)